There are three basic options when it comes to Medicare coverage, namely:
original Medicare; Part D and/or a supplement; and Medicare Advantage. Keep
reading to learn more.
Original Medicare includes Parts A and B and is public health insurance coverage offered by the federal government. (The annual 2023 Part B deductible is $226.) Original Medicare helps cover:
- Doctor visits and services, including many preventative services and yearly checkups
- Outpatient care in hospitals
- Inpatient care in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities
- Various in-home medical care services and equipment
- Hospice, including some in-home care
However, there are some things that original Medicare does not cover, such as long-term care and prescription drugs, as well as vision, dental, and hearing care. For more comprehensive coverage, you’ll need to look at other Medicare options. To find out what those are, keep reading.